Party Preparations!

Written by Clare
8th June, 2013.
  
With a party looming, a garden tidy-up was on the cards.

The party was in celebration of MAJ's birthday, which we had already celebrated once in hippie style, with plenty of fabulous tunes and good old-fashioned hippie food - PIZZA (ummm?)  Onto party no.2.  We decided to spend the day before preparing for the party by getting the star of the show (the garden, obviously) looking it's absolute best.  And surprisingly, despite a couple of distractions we got quite a lot done!
We began by weeding and filling in the gaps between the patio stones, which seemed to make a big difference very quickly.  MAJ also managed to Delboy her way into borrowing some top of the range garden furniture.  The patio was beginning to look like a garden paradise.

It was around this time that I became momentarily distracted by the red arrows flying overhead, and MAJ went on a cous cous hunt.  After all, what party is complete without cous cous?

Then, with the intention of moving on to tidying the rest of the garden, I noticed that the pond was now heavily populated with something I had never seen before: TADPOLES.

 Obviously, this was enough to distract me (and my camera) for a good while, particularly when I realised that I could use my macro lens to spy on their tiny eyes and tongues darting about which was very sweet.
Aw, lovely.  So all in all, a successful day.  Daniel even managed to take on a tech-support role briefly when MAJs phone decided that it no longer had the will to function as it should.  Which provided a good photo opportunity for me - as if anything doesn't!

And so I'll end on a selection of other lovely photographs that I managed to get in the garden that day...


And another cheeky couple of MAJ, just because we love her so bally much!:
Happy Birthday, MAJ! xXxXx

3 comments:

  1. Wow ... that was a day wasn't it ... party preparations, again another wonderful adventure in the great wilderness of the outdoors that is this Folkestone garden flat garden ... :) ... You guys are awesome it has to be said ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire - your pictures are amazing and I could just about pin every single one! I pinned one of the flower ones from this post, though. I love this blog adventure - and I love Jane's nickname, too. I may just call her that myself! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! That's so kind of you to say :)

      Delete